Ashley L. Baird
877-816-2600 (Toll Free)
Ashley Baird's practice focuses on personal injury litigation, specifically in the areas of nursing home abuse and neglect, medical malpractice, wrongful death, insurance bad faith, daycare abuse cases, and vaccine litigation before the United States Federal Court of Claims in Washington, D.C. She has litigated cases in both state and federal courts in Missouri and Kansas, the Federal Court of Claims, the Supreme Court of Missouri, and the Missouri Court of Appeals for the Western District of Missouri.
Ashley attended the University of Kansas, where she received a degree in business administration and received her law degree from the University of Missouri-Kansas City in 2006. While in law school, Ms. Baird was a member of the Law Review Journal.
Ashley was selected to the National Trial Lawyers 40 Under 40 list in 2012. Also in 2012, Missouri Lawyers Weekly selected Ashley to receive the Rising Star Award, awarded to women lawyers under the age of 40 who have already made a difference in the justice system of Missouri.
Ashley is licensed to practice in both Missouri and Kansas. She currently serves as a member of the Board of Governors of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys and has written many amicus briefs on behalf of that organization. Ashley is also a published author in the Missouri Bar Journal as well as the Journal of the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys.
Ashley is a member of the Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, The Missouri Bar, the Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, the American Association for Justice, National Trial Lawyers Association, and Association for Women Lawyers for Greater Kansas City.
Areas of Practice
- Nursing Home Abuse and Neglect
- Nursing Home Litigation
- Health Care
- Sexual Abuse
- Daycare Abuse
- Personal Injury
- Wrongful Death
- University of Missouri-Kansas City School of Law, Kansas City, Missouri
- J.D. - 2006
- University of Kansas, Lawrence, Kansas
- B.S. - 2002
- Major: Business Administration
- Ex Parte Communications With Physicians? Missouri's Old Rule v. HIPAA's New Rule, The Missouri Bar Journal, March – April, 2009
- The Litigant’s Guide to Surviving Summary Judgment for a claim of Negligent Retention of an Incompetent Subcontractor, The Missouri Trial Attorney, Winter, 2007
Professional Associations and Memberships
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association, Member
- The Missouri Bar, Member
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Member, Board of Governors
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Member, Amicus Committee
- Missouri Association of Trial Attorneys, Member, Women's Caucus
- American Association for Justice
- Association for Women Lawyers for Greater Kansas City